Saturday, April 4, 2009

H2O FZ: Miss Holck's ride

While flying to Los Angeles, looking at the clouds, rivers, and lakes reminded me of what students may have imagined when they wrote about their ride on the H2O Flow Zone. Take-off was just like evaporation. Then it's like I traveled in a cloud until I rained down in Los Angeles. Call me crazy, but the water cycle has been on my mind a lot lately!

Take-off was very cloudy.

Where will the water vapor in those clouds land?


Grading the post-assessments while on a ride on the H2O flow zone!


Here's is the Malibu and Santa Monica coastline. We were turning to head over to LAX.

I have enjoyed teaching this unit! I think that the inquiry approach helped students in A204 think deeply about what they were doing, and made the science unit a lot of fun. Other than doing the experiments in class, I enjoyed reading what students wrote in their science notebooks when they answered The Big Four:
  1. What did you do? Students reflected on the process of doing the experiment.
  2. What did you wonder? Their responses helped me understand what students where thinking about while they did experiments. It's important to question what you do and the process you take to do an investigation.
  3. What did you learn? If you didn't learn, there needs to be changes!
  4. What will you do next? Students are interested in working with live insects and animals as well as learning about volcanos.

No comments:

Post a Comment